GOSPORT BOWMEN PRIVACY NOTICES
What this privacy notice covers
Gosport Bowmen is committed to protecting your personal information. In this notice, references to ‘we’ or ‘us’ means Gosport Bowmen. This notice explains how we collect and use the personal information about you.
Who we are
Gosport Bowmen is an Archery GB registered archery club providing archery facilities for its members. We have Archery GB approved indoor and outdoor ranges. We set out our rules in the club’s constitution and also follow the rules, guidelines and code of conduct of the UK governing body: Archery GB.
Gosport Bowmen operates the website http://www.gosportbowmen.co.uk (the “Website”).
Information we gather.
Gosport Bowmen gathers certain information about you. We collect information in the following ways:
Information you give us.
When you become a member of Gosport Bowmen you will give us information. You may also give us information when using our Website or registering for our courses. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability, health conditions and emergency contact information. This information will be provided to us via our paper based membership application forms.
When you register to attend one of our courses, you will give us information to enable us to process your request. Information may include your name, date of birth, postal address, email address, phone number, disability, health conditions. This information will be collected via Google Forms and then stored securely in printed format.
When you enter our competitions the following information may be collected and shared with tournament organisers, scoring systems and results may be published: First Name, Surname, Gender, Bow style, Date of Birth / Age category, Email, Address, Phone number, Club, County, Region, Round, Disabled (Y/N), Disability info.
In accordance with our competition entry documentation, photography and video may be taken at events, and these images may be used on our website, social media platforms and promotional / internal documents.
Information we get from your use of our Website and services.
Information about you from third parties.
We work closely with Archery GB, Hampshire Archery Association and Southern Counties Archery Society and may receive information about you from them.
How we may use your information
We rely on the legitimate interest basis to use your personal information. For example, when you apply to become a member of Gosport Bowmen, we have a legitimate organisational interest to use your information to respond to you and give you the benefits of being a member. If you apply to attend one of our courses, we will use your personal information to respond to your request and to deliver a suitable course. If you become a member of Gosport Bowmen, we use your information to maintain your membership of Archery GB, Hampshire Archery Association and Southern Counties Archery.
We may use your information for a number of purposes including the following:
- Compliance with legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations and good practice
- To provide you with information about our club, events, shooting times and activities
- To provide you with information regarding our courses and to book you onto one of our courses
We will use the information you give us to:
- perform services you have requested (such as providing you with Membership Benefits or providing you with information you have asked for);
- administer the sport of Archery, for instance by organising tournaments;
- notify you about changes to our service, including but not limited to any changes to the Member Benefits;
- any other reasonable purposes of Gosport Bowmen, acting always in accordance with the data protection law (as amended from time to time).
We do not use your information for marketing purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We may share your information with the following selected third parties:
- Archery GB for the purposes of maintaining your membership registration details
- Hampshire Archery Association and Southern Counties Archery Society for the purposes of maintaining your membership details
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply other agreements; or
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of Gosport Bowmen, Our Members, or others. No data is transferred outside of EEA.
Users under 18
If you are under 18 and would like to get involved, please ensure that you have consent from a parent or guardian before giving us your personal information. When we collect data about a child or young person aged under 18 we will make it very clear as to the reasons for collecting this data and how it will be used.
Keeping your records
We keep records only for as long as required to operate the service in accordance with legal requirements.
Your membership information may be retained for up to 7 years after you leave the club (or your last contact with the club if you don’t officially leave). Following this period we will anonymise your membership history.
We may retain non-identifiable data for statistical purposes beyond the initial 7 year period.
Where we may store your information
The data that we collect from you will be transferred to, and stored at Archery GB’s registered office and online systems. Your personal data relating to your membership is also stored securely in paper format away from our main shooting location. Members emergency contact information is stored in paper format securely at our shooting location. Your personal information is also stored in a password encrypted database that is maintained by our club secretary for the purpose of administering your membership.
If you choose to have your scoring history published on the members area of our website, we will publish your full name and a log of your scoring achievements.
By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Gosport Bowmen will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
You have the right to:
- Have any inaccuracies in your data corrected. If you would like to update the details we hold about you please contact our club secretary via email or by letter.
- Request that we delete your personal data, and the right to be forgotten. Note that we require your information for the normal running of the club, so we are only able to delete your data if you also choose to leave the club
- You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. We require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification. Please address requests to the club secretary and we will respond within one month, of receipt of your written request and confirmed ID. Please provide as much information as possible about the nature of your contact with us to help us locate your records. This request is free of charge unless the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
Changes to this notice and the way we treat personal information
We may update the terms of this privacy notice at any time, so please do check it from time to time.
We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address you have provided to us or by placing a prominent notice on our Website. By continuing to use our Website you will be deemed to have accepted such changes.
Enquiries and Complaints
The club secretary is the first point of contact regarding any enquiries arising from this Privacy Notice. Where possible, please raise all enquiries in writing.
If you are unhappy with our work or something that we have done or failed to do, please inform us in writing. Gosport Bowmen will acknowledge receipt of all complaints and will endeavour to investigate the complaint within 15 working days
All complaints should be sent to:
Maddy Saint – Club Secretary
C/O 1 Lapwing Grove
You may also complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office if you are concerned with how we are handling your personal information using their online form which can be found here: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/handling/.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. If we make any significant changes in the way we treat your personal information we will contact you directly.
This Privacy Notice was last updated 4th June 2018.